Recent studies have shown the average cost of a 3-day hospital visit is $30,000.
Hospital indemnity insurance can help cover unexpected expenses resulting from a hospitalization, such as deductibles, co-pays, and non-covered medical services. Benefits are paid regardless of what is covered by your medical insurance and are paid directly to you to spend as you choose.
- There are two affordable plan levels to choose from.
- Lump-sum payments are made directly to you.
- Spouse and dependent coverage also available.
- Premiums are conveniently paid through payroll deduction once per month.
- The plan includes a health screening benefit.
For active PSEA members, open enrollment for this plan occurs once a year in February. New PSEA members have a 90-day enrollment window.
For more information, visit the links below. Application instructions will become available during open enrollment.
This plan is available to California residents only.